Wednesday 22nd February 2023 at 4pm
The webinar will review the classic test of Bolam negligence and the situations where it does not apply. The seminar will also touch upon the NHS strikes and the approach the court will take to assessing breach of duty.
Charles Austin. Barrister
Date of Call: 2009
Charles regularly acts for both Claimants and Defendants in complex, high value, clinical negligence cases. Recent cases have involved:
- Representing the Defendant at a JSM where the Claimant was pleaded in excess of £1.4million
- Acting for the Defendant on a Fatal Accident Act claim pleaded in excess of £1million.
- Acting on behalf of a Claimant who suffered a delayed diagnosis of slipped femoral epiphysis.
- Acting on behalf of a Claimant suffering from severe brain damage alleged to be the result of negligently performed cardiac surgery. The Claimant will require care for life.
- Acting on behalf of a Claimant who suffered an injury to his brachial plexus as a result of shoulder dystocia.
To reserve a place on this seminar please email Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org