- Barrister – called to the Bar of Gray’s Inn (London) in October 2004.
- Iain is an accredited public access Barrister.
Iain operates in the Clinical Negligence, Personal Injury, Housing Disrepair, Commercial Debt Recovery and Costs Litigation sphere, with a particular interest and focus on costs. Having established and developed a successful costs business over the last 16 years, Iain is now extending his advocacy practice through Complete Counsel. Iain handles costs claims on behalf of professional clients and private individuals. In particular, in relation to costs, Iain has vast experience in the following areas, which is not an exhaustive list:
- High value costs claims;
- Drafting Points of Dispute and Replies in high value Multi-track claims;
- Drafting Multi-track high value Bills of Costs;
- Retainer Advice including Cancellation of Contracts Regulations applicable to costs, as well as other Retainer technicalities;
- Multi-party costs claims;
- Costs Budgeting and CCMC Hearing attendance;
- Advocacy at Detailed Assessment Hearings and CCMC Hearings;
- Advice to clients in relation to Multi-track costs claims.
Iain has acquired detailed knowledge of these practice areas in complex costs disputes as well as significant advocacy experience.
Separately from costs, Iain has extensive experience in civil and commercial claims, including the following areas:
- Drafting Letters of Claim;
- Drafting Particulars of Claim and Schedules of Losses;
- Attending CCMC Hearings and Directions Hearings;
- Drafting Applications and attending Hearings;
- Attending Final Hearings in commercial and civil claims.
Iain has real eye for detail and is recognised by his clients as a very thorough, practical and approachable Barrister. Iain’s professionalism has resulted in him having a very wide client base and very good reputation with his commercial clients and private clients.
“It gives great me great pleasure to write this testimonial to the skill and expertise of Iain Thomas. Iain is an outstanding Barrister. Iain has prepared Multi-track Costs Budgets, attended CCMC Hearings and conducted Detailed Assessment Proceedings for me over a number of years, which has secured excellent rates of recovery of legal fees, significantly exceeding my expectations. I have no hesitation in recommending Iain’s superb services as a Barrister.”
Richard Moose (Partner at Jolliffe & Co LLP Solicitors)